Saturday, October 27, 2012

Last night my family and I went to some festival for some kind of thing, that looks like a nut, but it isn't a nut. I can't remember the name of it in Italian or English though. It was a really enjoyable night. We just walked around, and looked at stuff. Then it started raining so we went to some friend's house and we had a fancy Italian dinner there. It was all really nice. :)

 Me and a cute little boy, who just happened to be in the picture.
 These are the things that look like nuts, but aren't really nuts. Let me know if you know what they are. ;)
 Chilling underneath a few buildings or something.
This is how closely together the buildings are built. I love it!!!

4 comments:

  1. I believe those are are variety of chestnut. Also called buckeyes or chinkapin. The little tree we have that the top keeps getting broken off, it's kind of out from Matt's window, is a variety of chestnut called and Ohio buckeye. There are many varieties; a quick little research here shows me some genera are edible, others are not. I'm not familiar with the edible ones.

    Is the Italian word castagna? It appears to be the edible genus that is predominant there. I wonder what the distinction is between that and a nut. I think here we'd consider it a nut.

    Do they eat them?

    Also, BTW, excellent use of the adverb in the description of the final picture!

    Love you, Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and beautiful hairdo. Did you do it yourself? Is there a video? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They eat them. And thank you, I did it myself from a video, I don't know what the link or name of it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Love the pictures and the masthead is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete