Thursday, January 10, 2013

Okay, this is a quick summery of everything that's happened the last few days.

2 days ago, I got married to one of my classmates. Of course it wasn't a real wedding, but I kind of felt like I was going to kindergarten again! The cool thing though, was that the "preacher" was saying the words in Italian. It was really cool hearing the wedding vows in a different language. The last three days haven't been the greatest, but aside from that I'm having a wonderful time here. I'm not sad about the last few days being down days, because if every day was great, then there'd be know difference between normal and great, and then I wouldn't appreciate my blessings as much. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Sorry if it's confusing.

I think it was yesterday on my way home from school, as we were twinding down the mountain side, on our little hairpin turns, I saw the volcano out in the sea. It was just the atmosphere of the day that made it visible, but I was amazed when I saw the top smoking. At first I was like "Elisa! Is that normal?" I was kinda worried about being buried alive. Elisa then assured me that it's completely normal for volcanoes to smoke, even when they aren't about to erupt. It was so cool though, definitely something I don't see in Minnesota, with our high cloud cutting mountains that we have in Oklee.

Also yesterday I received a package in the mail from my amazing, sweet, caring sisters. It was incredibly special and I loved every sweet little thing they put in it.

Today I wore a necklace to school that my sister Sophie had sent me, and I lost it. But I was surprised when during my last hour a teacher came into my room and asked if anyone had lost a necklace, and held up my necklace. That made me very happy.

Tomorrow I am going to my Italian teacher's house for the weekend! I'm really excited for that. But I'm even more excited for my Grandma and my two great aunts who are visiting me in April!

I really feel blessed with my family, from the Christmas presents from my sisters to the itinerary of my grandma's trip. I am so happy to have a family like mine. God has blessed me very greatly.

I'd also like to ask everyone to say a quick prayer for my friend and classmate in Minnesota. Mickala has been having medical issues starting from the time I left for Italy. Today she has surgery. Right now she's at Mayo, and if you want to read her story you can read the caringbridge site. But please keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment