Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend with the Prof!

First off I'm going to apologize ahead of time, I think this blog post is going to be really freakin' crabby, unenthusiastic and lame. I'm in the lamest mood ever because my awesome weekend was perfect until I got home and now my stupid computer won't work. I've been seriously working at this dumb blog post and these pictures for over half an hour, and just now am I finally makin' progress. I have literally re-started my computer 4 times now. I really hope that this time I will be able to get this post finished.

This first picture I'm starting out with is a picture from my "wedding" that we had in my class. It's just a silly picture, it was a joke of a day.
This weekend I was at my Italian teacher's house. It was really fun! I honestly had an incredibly fun time. We started out the night on Friday hanging out and relaxing. I can't really remember much of what we did, but I remember we skyped my family. It was just a really fun night, I didn't get to bed until 3am. Then Saturday I woke up and ate breakfast, then watched a movie with my Italian teacher's husband, Massimo. After the movie was finished he brought down his gun to show me, it was a revolver and he was surprised when I noticed that it was dirty. It was funny because then he bragged about that to my teacher Maria when she walked in the room, he's like "this girl knows guns!". It kind of made me feel cool. I don't really know guns that well, but I guess I still probably know them better than most Italian people my age. Massimo also thought it was cool that I'd named my cat Winchester after the kind of gun.

This is the beautiful city of Paola at night! :)
This is the streets of the old part of the town! It was really cool. On Saturday I walked from the bottom part of the mountain up to the top where the castle tower was. It was a really long walk, and honestly there's probably more stairs just in that one town than there is in all of Minnesota.
This is halfway up the mountain. Below us right under where the picture ends is all the steps up until there. One of the girls we were walking with got tired and one of the guys had to carry her part way.
And we finally made it up to the top of the town to where the tower is! It wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped, because we couldn't go inside of it. I
I made Italian pizza. It was so good! I've honestly been so full the last few months! I hate soda, so I never drink it. Pizza was the only thing I drink it with usually, but I figured out something better. I think I'll be drinking beer with my pizza from now on.
Needless to say, I had an amazing weekend with my teacher. I think I will be going to her house a few more weekends. We also talked about going to Rome in a few weeks. We'll see if that works out. :)

Also, once again I was amazed by Italian boys. My teacher has two sons, one is in Rome at school, that one is my age. But the other is at home studying university online. I've seriously met so many polite boys here it's insane! I don't understand why no guys in Minnesota that I've spent time with are like that. There's only one of my Minnesotan guy friends I can think of who'd be thoughtful. I don't dig anyone here very much, because I obviously can't really get attached to someone since I'm leaving. But I just can't believe the attitude difference between guys here and guys in Minnesota. Giuseppe asked me several times during my weekend there if he could get me anything to eat, or to drink. He came upstairs to ask me once. He's not the first one who's like that though, it's the majority of them. I pray God helps me raise my sons, if he blesses me with them, into complete gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment