Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Celebrations.

My computer is a disaster, a complete and total disaster. If I was famous, and being paid to make this blog about my stay here in Italy, I could just send off to some computer company, and tell them that I'll advertise for them if they send me a free laptop. Sadly, I am not famous, or being funded on this blog.

Due to the fact that I don't know how much longer my computer is going to work, I'm not sure if my blog posts will continue for the rest of my year in Italy. I hope that I can somehow stretch the life for a little longer!  I'll try! Once my computer decides it's glorious life is finished, I will try to figure out some other way to post on my blog. My sister has a ipad, so I use that for facebook. I think it'd be a pain in the butt though to type out blog posts without a keyboard. I'm not sure, we're just going to have to see what happens.

The hot chocolate here is serious the best I've ever tasted. It's thick and creamy. I'm going to figure out how to make it and bring it home because I have got to have this in freezing Minnesota.

 One of my friends asked me about the view from my new house, she said "it can't be as great as at your old house, can it?" In answer to that question, "yes, it can be". It's different, but it's still great. Instead of looking down the mountain at the sea, I can look up at the mountain, there's also a cliffish type thing out one of our windows. I'd describe it more, but I kinda forgot the word in English for what I'm trying to say.

On New Years eve, we went to the Bianco's to eat. It was a really wonderful evening. I've never had a New years eve celebration quite like this one. It was about a 5 course meal, the first 2 courses I have pictures of. But then I gave up.
 This was a bread type thing with layers, the layers were Cheese, Tuna, calamari(I think that's the right name, but it was fish eggs?). I think that's all. Uhhh.. I liked the cheese layer, but the other layers weren't really my thing.
 Then we had this amazing pasta..... ohhh myyyy gooodnessss.. It was incredible. The top and bottom were flaky pie type crusts. Imagine the flakiest, unsweetened, apple pie crust ever. That's what it was like. Then pasta in between the crusts. We then had meat and vegetables, followed by a fruit course. The fruit was more ice cream than fruit. After that was finished the dessert was brought out. For dessert I can't remember what we ate, I think it was maybe a few different things. I don't remember. All the food kind of blends together after a few days of feasting like this. The meal stretched out from about 9pm until 11:30pm. At 11:30 the wine and I think champagne were brought out. There was a count down on one of the stations on television. When it reached about 5 the champagne was opened and ate zero everyone kissed each other and drank. We then trailed outside to watch fireworks. The fireworks were quite something, since we were all sitting at the top of the mountain, we saw fireworks from everywhere. There were ones a little higher on the mountain, ones next door, ones down by the sea and ones miles down along the sea. Along the sea I counted 15 different places with fireworks going off at one time. It was really an strange, yet beautiful thing. I can't describe the feeling fully. It was exciting though.

Once all of our feasting at home was finished, about 1am the Elisa's and I met with one of our friends at the seafront. There we ate these crescents and had cocktails. It was really cold I wanna say about 38 degrees F, so we were probably only there until around 2am. When we got to Elisa(brunette)'s house we were locked out of the first gate, so we climbed over that feeling pretty BA and got into the house. We watched a movie then crashed on their living room couch.

Yesterday we had more feasting, we went to the seafront again also. Then after that around 9pm we went to our friend RosaMaria's house for a game night. We gambled our money away at SuperBingo. Ate a bunch more food, listened to Hannah Montana music, and some other stuff. I also learned a few new bad things to say in Dialect, so that was... interesting.. People think it's funny when I talk in Dialect, it's rude in normal situations, but probably because my accent or something I just make it funny I guess. The nice thing about Dialect is since it's not real Italian, only the people from my area understand it. 

We got back pretty late last night, so I slept in until 12:38 this morning. It was a good sleep though.

Happy New Years everyone!!! :) I hope everyone had a great time with their family and friends! :)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome adventure! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

    Being the redneck that I am, I ask if you have access to electrical tape and duct tape. Electrical for any frayed wires and duct to tape that bugger secure. Left to my own devices, that's what I'd do, but I am not a computer fixing expert like your dad or Steve. Lol

    God bless you, Girl!
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying the tape idea! :) If I get an ambitious moment I still may try it. :)

      Delete