Thursday, January 24, 2013


Today I am in the greatest mood of all time. Why? I have no clue. Realistically I should be crabby. This bright and sunny morning started out with me walking 8 blocks in pouring rain. My host sister didn't go to school today, because she had homework. So I was on my own for this adventure. I passed two bus stops, but being the Minnesotan that I am, and thinking buses are a little scary on my own, I passed by. We normally ride with our friends, but it's a long walk to where we meet up with them, so when it is raining we always ride the bus.

Since I live at the bottom of the mountain, I was walking through a waterfall everytime I crossed a street. On the plus side by the second half of my walk I didn't have to worry about trying to avoid the currents with heavy water, because my shoes, and socks were already as wet as they get. I was officially soaking wet by the time I got to class.

Once I reached the classroom, I discarded my shoes. Everyone looked at my weird, because they even wear shoes inside the house. But I really didn't care. I don't exactly want to sit in soaking wet shoes all day. We'll see who looks weird when they're all sick tomorrow with snot running down their noses, because they sat in wet shoes all day.

Now, as to why I am in a good mood? Instead of rain, to me it was a challenge. My host mom had asked me if I wanted to skip school, but I decided to go.

Another not as in depth, but still amazing thing to me is this. The clouds sweep in around me, they cover the mountains. When the clouds leave, we're surrounded by beautiful white, snowy mountians.

There's been several things in the last few days that have happened. I just have a hard time getting on the computer to update my blog more often.

For those of you who didn't see it on facebook, tomorrow I leave for Rome.

This morning while I was at the waiting spot for my friends, a lady walked out of her house. She looks at me and goes "Hello! Good morning! You're name is Louisssss?" She trailed of hesitently with the ending part, I told her, and she said "It's really nice to meet you!" It still amazes me sometimes with how news spreads in a small town. I don't know who she was, but sometimes it's just really cool being the "Exchange student" or "the girl who speaks English".

Sorry if there's any spelling errors, or typing mess ups. I don't feel like looking over it anymore, and my stupid blog has the spell check for Italian words, so I almost all of my words are underlined red.

No comments:

Post a Comment