Thursday, May 16, 2013

Not the happiest post I've written.

Before reading this post, I hope you've read the title, so you're warned.

I get snotty, jealous comments all the time. It drives me insane.

Here at school I can do a lot of things that I want, like for example, I can switch classrooms more or less whenever I want. I don't have a lot of studying that I have to do, because obviously I'm not fluent enough to do the same things that my classmates are doing.

BUT I HATE when I hear people who say things like 'you're so lucky, because you get everything you want', or 'you don't have to do anything at school, I wish I didn't.'. It's true, I don't do much at school. But you know how boring and long the days feel? Try sitting in school 6 out of seven days a week, not doing anything. I tried to see if I could remember all 50 states in America the other day and I wrote them down. That's just an example of how bored I get. One day I wrote the numbers 1-500something on a piece of paper. The day at school drags on and on, and there's so many times when I wish I could be doing work.

And about the other comment? About me getting everything I want? HA! I get exactly what I've earned. The only two things I haven't paid for over here is because I won a scholarship, that I worked for, which paid for some of it. The other thing is my parents gave me some money for my birthday that was to go towards my Spain trip. I've worked really hard for this trip. I'm nowhere near spoiled, I've been paying for almost everything I want myself, since I was 11 and started babysitting.

I know I'm lucky, but it's not because I get everything I want, or because I don't study much at school. I'm lucky because I have a God who watches over me, and He has blessed me with a wonderful family, teachers who have inspired me, and good friends who support me.

Sorry if I made anyone else crabby by reading this. D: Also, sorry about any writing/spelling errors.

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Lou. You go girl! You wiped lots of elderly butts to get where you are. Don't ever doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christians are never lucky, but always blessed, no matter what is happening in our lives. The unique purpose God has for each of us in our lives goes far beyond the concept of "luck."

    Hope you can enjoy the rest of your time in Europe.

    Seth Neyhart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just happy for you. You are fabulous

    ReplyDelete