Thursday, May 30, 2013

A little bit of Christa time. :)

Monday night I got on the train and went to Paola. I love Paola, I think I've mentioned that before.
On the train, I was sitting near one door, nearby a lady, and a few stops down two boys got on the train. They sat down by the other door, they were probably about 18. Anyways, they kept leaning over between the seats to stare at me, I'd lean the other way, so they couldn't. When I stood up to get off the train, they stood up to get off too, they came to my door instead of going to the door closer to them. I could tell that they were going to hit on me, and my phone rang while we were slowing down to stop on the train. I didn't really feel like dealing with annoying guys, so I answered my phone in English, and they started talking about me then in Italian. I took so much to keep from busting out laughing, they had no clue the whole time that I understood their whole conversation about me. I wanted to at the end turn and look at them and say 'just so you know, I speak Italian', but I decided not to, because then I'd have to figure out a way to get rid of them.

Tuesday morning my cousin arrived in Paola, she got a taxi to the house I was staying at in Paola. We went to school, riding with my teacher, but on the way there we convinced her to let us skip and walk around in the old town. We went and saw the castle, then at break time at school, we went into the school, and I introduced her to the people at school. :) Then we went down to the new part of my town, and on the seafront, we stopped by my house, and then ran to get on the train, but we missed it. So we wasted another 2 hours waiting for the next train, when we got to Paola we cleaned up a little bit, and then stayed with my friends at Paola. :) We tried to get it arranged so Christa could stay another day, but the travel agency was already closed, so we couldn't switch her ticket. I'm so thankful for that one day with her though. We've already made plans of things we have to do when we are both back in the states.


I posted this picture, because this is one of my favorite things in Italy. It's so incredibly relaxing riding along the sea front, on a bike, watching the sunset. One thing I'll miss.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun with Christa. I love you and miss you and can't wait till you get back! I'm happy for you and happy for Christa. I can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete