Friday, May 17, 2013

Today is a better day :)

I'm happy to say that today has been a wonderful day. Nothing so interesting has happened, but I'm just in a really thankful mood to be alive.

I'd actually like to mention a few important people in my life here. I probably haven't talked about them so much, but I'm really happy to have them here.

The first person I'm going to mention is Sally Dwyer, she's my Australian bff. ;) She's been here for a few months, and so she's experiencing a lot of the same hard things that I went through at first. But it's really nice to have a friend who I can just completely relax and say absolutely anything to, and she'll just laugh. Also, she is funny, because she calls me at random times, and texts me random texts all day long. :) I don't always have money on my phone, so I can't always respond, but it's so much fun hearing from her.

The second person I'd like to mention is Elisa Scavella. She's my host sister. She's a very serious person, but when she gets tired, she gets hilarious. She isn't quite as crazy as I can be, but she is a very sensible and reliable person, and it's so good to have her to go to, when I need someone to punch a boy for me or something. She's really like a brother to me.

And last, but definitely not least, my Italian teacher and her family. Maria Cavallo is one of the sweetest, and most thoughtful and understanding grownups I've met in my life. Her and her family are a lot different from my family in Minnesota, but they've adopted me in and treat me like one of them. When I go out shopping with her, or we're out for a walk, she brags about me being her first daughter. She has two sons, but no daughters. So I feel very inplace and wanted when I'm with her. It's so comforting to have her with me. But in with this person, I'm also very thankful for her niece, Renata, she's a hilarious, unique person. I love hanging out with Renata because she doesn't have any interest in what other people think of her, she does what she likes. She's a very artistic friend. :)

Ok. I'm done being thankful. ;)

Right now I'm sitting in French class, and my classmates are doing a test. So my teacher lent me her computer. Tonight I'm going to spend the night at my friend Alice's house. :) I'm excited for that obviously. It's a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment