Thursday, December 6, 2012

;)

Today I woke up to a lovely headache and I felt like I had a fever, needless to say I did not attend school.

When I finally got up the energy to go downstairs for breakfast I ate a delicious meal of tea, cake, biscuits, bread and jelly. While our house keeper was making my tea she told me there was more snow on the mountains surrounding us from the storm last night. After I'd finished eating she pointed to it out the window. It looked postcard perfect. The mountains around the edge of the sea from us were indeed covered with soft white tops. It's a pretty clear day out now, but when I looked earlier there was the morning fog misting up off the ground. The sea folding itself with waves from the overnight storm. And all around me the perfect looking mountains with white tops. It was a picture made for a puzzle. I took some pictures, but I was tired, and so I don't think they turned out fully capturing the look, maybe sometime I'll post pictures of it for you.

Then I cuddled up in my blankets to watch a chick flick. Somehow though, I ended up with a movie that the guy was unhappy with his life, and everything was screwed up in it. When everything finally pieced together and he was thinking about how lucky he was with his life. Someone was behind him and shot him in the head with a pistol. Then the movie ended with his wife and daughter walking in to his dead bloody body. Let's just say it wasn't exactly the "chick flick" I'd had in mind.

A little while ago, after finishing lunch, I sat down and did my math homework, like a good little girl. It doesn't happen very often that I actually sit down and do it before supper. But I guess I was just happy to not be feeling sick, and so I figured I should get it done. Now that it's out of the way, I feel pretty good about having the whole rest of the afternoon ahead of me. Possibly I will try to find a movie worth watching that doesn't scare me!

No comments:

Post a Comment