Friday, December 14, 2012

Teatro spagnolo

I am so tired.

And I have writers block or something because I really have no energy to write. I'll still try to make it slightly interesting, but sorry if this is a lame blog post.

We went to the Spanish theater today with school. Because of my vast experience with the Spanish language, I understood absolutely none of the play. Actually, I understood what was happening almost the whole time, but that is all thanks to my friend who sat next to me translating it when I didn't understand. I also got in a pretty good nap during the first part of the play, so it was so worth missing school.

I am so thankful that my camera works, because the other day in Napoli, on the ride back it got water spilled on it. I was freaking out that it would be broken, but once it dried it worked thank God.

Once the play was finished we went to the mall and ate at McDonalds, then walked around and "shopped". I hate shopping.

This is the one of the coolest pairs of slippers I have ever seen. They were seriously so awesome. I wanted to get them for me and my friend Rachel. Sadly I didn't because I was pretty sure they'd be hard to bring back to Minnesota.
 Just a totally kickin' picture of me and my friend and some hats we felt like trying on.
 I can't remember his name in Italian, but the Santa's here are pretty cute! ;)
 These are the group of my classmates who came to the Spanish theater.
 On the ride home I wanted so bad to get a picture of something as we were rising higher into the mountains, but it didn't last long enough for me to get up the energy to take a picture. I'll try to explain it though. As I looked down into the valley, it was foggy and misty. Surrounding me there was mountains topped with snow. It looked like a picture from a story book, I wanted to just step into it. It was an extraordinary view.

Still sometimes there's days when I can't sink in the fact that I'm so far away from home, and actually living in this beautiful country. It's such a strange, unique feeling. I feel like I'm living a story from a child's book.

As we were driving home, I stuck in headphones and played some English music loud to try to block out all the extra noise. To me it's just noise. People's voices here sound like a buzzing in my ears since I can't understand everything. I have to concentration hard on one person to understand what they're saying, but when I'm in a bus full of people yelling Italian at each other with 7 different conversations going on it's just too confusing. I was so worn out when I got home, and as I'm sure you can tell because of my lousy writing, I'm still worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment