Monday, December 24, 2012

It's been a really busy set of days.

I'm moved into my new house. I like it here, it's different, but nice!

The first thing I would like to say is, I've been here for 5 days now, and just last night I finally figured out how my lock on my door works. I've tried literally about 50 times, and I could never get it. Then last night was just a tired night, and Elisa, MariaRosa and I were walking in after being out until about 12:30pm then I went to unlock the door and finally got it!!! It was seriously the most accomplished feeling ever!

Then last night Elisa and I were laying in our beds talking to each other and we started talking about if she comes to Minnesota. I told her she had to sleep outside, but then I said I'd keep a gun by us in case any animals came. I think Elisa decided she didn't wanna sleep outside when I described that we only had to worry about the bears or mountain lions, that the other animals would leave us alone. She said she wouldn't sleep outside, so I said we could go in a camper, because it's just bears that can open campers. I couldn't convince her, so I think we'll be sleeping inside if she ever comes to visit me.

I've also realized guys here are so much sweeter than guys in Minnesota. A boy looked at me a few nights ago, and said without smiling or anything just simply "you have beautiful eyes". I've never had a guy say that to me! And the best part about it, was that he said it honestly. He wasn't hitting on me, or trying to woo me with charm, he was just stating something he saw as a fact. It was so strange, but so sweet.

At school on Saturday, the last day before Christmas break, we didn't do much. I taught my classmates "teenager English". I taught them adjectives to describe boys that we use. Then we watched a movie, and the school day ended with me singing "the hoedown throwdown" for them so they could dance to it.

I'm not positive what our plans for today are, but I'll know soon enough. It's possible that my posts won't come every day for awhile, because there's a strange internet thing that I don't really understand completely, but it's only in certain parts of the house or something and I just don't get on it as much here as I did before. Maybe it's also because I've been a little busier.

This is the little group of us out of my class that actually attended school the last day.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Louisa as you celebrate in a new and different way this year. It will be interesting to hear your Christmas stories. Be happy, be healthy, and enjoy. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete