Friday, December 7, 2012

This has absolutely nothing to do with today, but this scrumptious looking picture is what my family had for supper. I tried a bite of it, and it was okay, but my host mother knows the extent of my love for fish so I ate hamburgers for supper.

At school it's always freezing. They did start turning on the heater though! :) This is my favorite place to stay. It's a plus not having to follow along sometimes because then I can stand/sit by this incredible creation. I love heaters.
 Today at school I took a test in Math. It was all word problems in Italian. It wasn't hard for me because I've done that stuff before. But my classmates were pretty surprised when I finished it a good ten minutes ahead of them since I had to translate it to English then solve it. They were even more surprised when the teacher proclaimed "Tutto bene! Brava!". They started calling me a genius  It made me feel good until I remembered all the things that I struggle with in this school, and I realized that this is the only thing that I'm ahead of them on.
After school I went to my future host families host for awhile! I have 2 sisters in that family. MariaRosa is one of them. She doesn't speak English, but somehow we still communicate! Today I taught her bad words in English. It was quite the accomplishment. Then Elisa(brunette), MariaRosa and I went shopping. We got yarn so I can make some hats and scarves! Then we went to my favorite little cafe place and got gelato and hot chocolate. It was a nice and cold 48 degrees F. today, so I needed a little hot chocolate with my ice cream. But there was no way I was skipping the ice cream because of the cold. I'm only in Italy for one year. Pretty sure I need to stock up on my gelato.

I love Italy so much, sometimes I miss my home though. I miss driving on dirt road jamming out to my country. I miss climbing bales, and running across fields, swinging from rope swings in barns. I even miss stalking our hilarious Oklee cops and getting harassed by them. I think that I will travel a lot in my life, I'm already trying to pick the next country I want to visit after this year abroad. I'm thinking Norway. My friend Karl went there as an exchange student last year, and it looks like a really interesting country. Who knows where God will take me, but I think that Minnesota will always be home to me.

1 comment: