Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I have no title.

I'm going to start this out saying it's a pretty "R" rated post because I do say a bad word in it. Just warning you ahead of time.

I have been in such a great mood today! Why does that always happen the days after I have good dreams? I don't know, but it'd be awesome if I could have great dreams every night! Because I could go for a few more optimistic days like today.

I woke up this morning and hit my snooze button 3 times. I finally thought "crap I'm going to be late for school" and rolled my way out of bed. I've shortened my getting ready time down to about 15 minutes so I can sleep as absolutely long as possible. I kind of say screw makeup if I have to pick between that and sleeping. I know, I probably go to school looking exactly the same as when I woke up. But I really couldn't care less. Here I have to act exactly how I want them to see Americans, and it'd be lying if I pretended we all look perfect every day. At my school in Oklee I don't dress up cute everyday, so why should I here? I recently decided I shouldn't.

Sometime in the later afternoon here I had tea and biscuits with my host sister Elisa(Blonde! We got in a nice long conversation and it was really fun! Then our tea time was interrupted by Elisa (brunette) calling to say her mom was on her way over to pick me up!

Today it stormed. The storms here are freaking hardcore! They scare me! I was standing up to go take a picture of the rain out the window, which I didn't get a good one because I didn't want my camera close enough to the window that it'd get wet. But anyways as I was walking toward the window, the thunder cracked right above my house with a ton of lightning all around. I jumped and literally ducked down covering my head! I think the reason it's so loud is because it echos from the mountain across the sea. I don't know exactly, but there's no thunder like this in Minnesota. SCARY!

At Elisa(Brunette)'s house I ate gelato with nutella in it. Which of course tasted absolutely sublime. Then we just sang karaoke together to some good old country songs and I showed her videos on youtube of things we do in Minnesota. The things involved "mudding with fourwheelers", "whippin' shittys" and "corn mazes". Excuse my language in the last sentence, that's what it's called and I don't really know how to say it differently. So I'm sorry.

Tonight when I got home I played piano for awhile. Elisa(Blonde) and I sang songs in different languages to each other. I sang in Norwegian and Hebrew, and she sang in Latin for me! She also helped me translate the common table prayer to Italian, so hopefully I will learn that. After singing and stuff my family and I ate a lovely dinner, then I came up here. I'm heading to bed after I read for a little while! Goodnight everyone.

2 comments:

  1. That was entertaining! :) love the part about how you decided not to dress up every day... and the lightning was pretty cool... I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Miss? Ms? Your Excellency? Sir? Just throwing title ideas out there, since you proclaimed don't have one. <3

    ReplyDelete