Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I love my Italian teacher

The title pretty much says it all. But I suppose I could explain why I love her.

Today I had 3 hours of Italian. That's right 3 freaking hours. My teacher keeps it interesting. She invited me today, to her house on Friday. I'm going to go there, and she's going to help me with Italian. I'm really excited for that because I think it will be really fun.

I have to pick between going to Barcelona, or Salamanca. Both are in Spain. I've googled pictures, but I can't decide. The trip to Barcelona is cheaper, so I'm guessing I'll end up doing that one. I really hope it works out. I think it'd be so beautiful there! :) Anyone have any suggestions on food I should try while I'm in Spain? I don't really know much about Spanish food.

I also think I am going to have to talk to my representative sometime soon. My teachers are assigning me all sorts of homework, and tests. It's kind of ridiculous  I'm here to learn the language. Until I know Italian, I'm pretty sure taking Science tests is kind of a little bit, what's the word.. ohh yeah.. IMPOSSIBLE! Also there's no point in me writing down stuff on the board if I have no idea what it's about, I'm never going to need it in my life, and I'll throw away my notebook before I understand all Italian anyways? Sillyyyy.. School is the one thing here that I don't like. Although I did walk into the classroom yesterday morning to a beautiful "Louisa we love U" written on the board. Pretty sure that was really sweet. I don't mind doing homework if I'm capable of it. So I really don't mean to complain about the assignments that I get that are from my English or Italian teacher. Those are usually a little fun. But I'm not diggin' this whole having tests in Science thing. Sure, I did put up with the homework and figured it out well enough to do it. But I know for a fact, I'm not suppose to be doing tests. The only test that I don't mind doing is English, because it's kinda funny.

Did I mention how beautiful the view out my window is? I know, I probably have told people this a million times. But it's amazing! I still can't believe I'm here! I'm in Italy! I sometimes think "wow I'm lucky" then I rethink it and think "no, it's not luck, I worked my butt off all summer in a nursing home, and filling out papers for the scholarship. It wasn't easy, and I worked hard and earned this." But still it's so crazy!!! I can't believe I'm actually here.

I suppose I should head downstairs and get started on my homework. Maybe find some food to eat. Sorry for another post where I really just talked on and on about nothing very important. I have a question for people reading, would you rather me only post when I have something super exciting to post about? Or is just reading about my every day life actually interesting? I personally think it'd be pretty boring to read, but I don't mind writing if people actually enjoy it. So comment or message me on facebook and let me know! :)

 My classroom board, thank you Elia! :)
 This is from last nights sunset, since I missed posting it then, I figured I'd post it tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the boring day to day stuff makes the adventure! My Goddaughter goes to Spain yearly for 3 months at a time. I can ask her what foods to definately try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louisa! I love reading about whatever you want to write about! So, keep writing and I(Stephanie and Sami too!) will keep reading! I miss seeing you in the halls at school and miss you coming over to our house....take care and enjoy every minute of this adventure you worked so hard to achieve.

    Sue Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love hearing about the every day stuff. I think we all want to know what is it like to live in Italy. I think that's what most people would say....so keep posting often. We are having an amazing adventure through you!

    ReplyDelete