Saturday, November 17, 2012

Somedays...

I'd actually suggest no one read this post, it's basically because I need to vent.

Okay, just saying.. I've only been here two months! Just because I can understand a lot of Italian, doesn't mean I can understand all of it. Dear Teachers, I don't understand everything, repeating it over and over won't change that, and please don't get mad at me for not understanding, because that doesn't help anything either. I'm trying really hard, and I can't just make my brain take it all in at once. It doesn't work like that.. sorry.. Also, teachers, keep in mind that I'm not here to learn your material, all of it is either really easy for me, or really hard. The part that's easy I learned like 3 years ago, and the hard stuff I'm not going to understand anyways, so there's not much point in trying. I'm here for the culture and to learn the language. I'm making great friends over here. But I'm not actually here to learn these subjects, pretty sure if I was, I'd have picked a few different ones, like Greek! That would actually be super cool to know! Let's just say I'm so glad it's the weekend.

 This is what we did in Spanish today, I don't mind Spanish, but it does get a little long by the end of the 2 hours.
This picture basically describes my day.

I'm sorry to anyone who actually felt like reading this, I suppose I'll try to put some good things in this post too. Today my family and I stopped at a bread store which we've gone to several times, and I looked up and there was a sign that I've seen before, and I read it today and realized for the first time I understood it. I know that probably sounds like a little thing, but to me it's a big step and I was excited about that.

I do love Italy, and I love my family here so much, sometimes it just gets hard. I should really just chill out and remember to thank God that I even have this experience.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, LouLou...Another big step...You're talking about the hard things. That's wonderful. And we like to hear them, too. Not because we're glad you're going through hard junk, but because life is full of good and bad together. And it's real. And we're glad to read your "reality."

    Thanks for letting us in.

    Not that it makes it any easier, but because you're off on this big adventure, you good and bads are probably going to be equally extreme. So you greats are really, really cool. But sometimes the hard things will be equally very, very hard.

    And all of these things, God will use to shape and turn you into the woman He needs you to be for the daily and life work He has ordained for you.

    I love you, Louisa. Keep on Keepin On. Pray without ceasing. Cast your cares upon the Lord. Read you Bible.

    And keep blogging. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very brave. We teachers sometimes forget how much we expect from kids and how we expect too much - Sometimes, take our complaining with a grain of salt.

    Hang in there kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella saw the blog up on the kitchen computer, since Dad had been reading it before he left for church. She got all quiet and said, sadly, "I miss our Louisa. I cried on the bus yesterday because I missed her." ((Louisa-from Stella))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a remarkable young woman, but even remarkable women have rough days. You are learning so much, from your Italian language to the cultural differences you are experiencing, to reading and even understanding signs already! I think that is awesome in such a short period of time.

    Your mom said it.....cast your cares upon the Lord, and pray without ceasing. I will pray for you that your rough days become a bit smoother. Continue to enjoy your time there and your new friends, but please continue also to blog about it. I am enjoying your adventures.

    ReplyDelete