Sunday, November 25, 2012

Twilight&Food

This is what I ate for lunch today. :) It was delicious. I figured I'd post a picture of it, because my lovely mother asked me to start showing off more of my Italian food that I brag about so much. So here it is.

I don't think I've ever explained the typical Italian day on here as far as food is concerned, so I guess I'll attempt to do that. I eat breakfast when I wake up. Breakfast consists of a mug of milk, that I fill with cookies. :) It's really good. Dinner is served at about 2pm. It's a big meal. The first course is Pasta, followed by a meat. Often times there is salad and bread following or along side of that. Then anywhere from 8:30-10pm is supper, it's a smaller meal basically the same as the second course of dinner. 
 This is my calamari I had for Dinner today. It wasn't my kinda thing. I am not much of a fish person, and so I didn't really like it. My host dad saw my reaction after my first bite, even though I didn't know I'd had a reaction. And my host mom got up and made me a hamburger instead. This picture is for Alyssa Nelson!! :)
Sorry this picture is a little bit blurry looking. :(

Some of you guys might have seen the new twilight movie, Breaking Dawn, but unless I've met you in the last few months. I can guarantee you didn't see it in Italian. This was my first time at the Cinema here in Italy. I understood most of the movie, but I've read the book so I'm sure that helped.
Sorry this is a really uninteresting blog post, but not all of them can have feeling in them. I don't have that much to write about always, and I am just kind of posting pictures to keep you updated a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. What you find mundane and ordinary, we still find interesting! Any suckers or beaks in that squid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my dear, I have not eaten calamari such as you tried. I had FRIED calamari, which, is little bits of fried squid. I do not think I would have enjoyed the type of calamari you tasted either. As I understand it calamari can refer to any entree featuring squid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to listen around and see if they ever have fried calamari in my area!! :)

      Delete