Friday, November 30, 2012

Arbitrary photos and a few words

The first few of these are just old pictures, this was my sunset a few days ago.
 This lovely photo is from when I went to see Footloose.
 This is my amazing view out my window when it storms.
 This is from school today.
 This one is yesterday's kickin' waves.
 And here's where it all starts. Today I spent about an hour with my favorite teacher ever. This is Maria. She is amazing. She is sweet, and kind, and actually cares. She's the best.
First we went to the beach. I'm not sure how well it shows up in this picture. But there's a little mountain thingie out in the water. It's a volcano. It's not usually noticeable from the beach but for some reason today it was. 
We were Maria, and me. Then Maria's sister, and also her niece. They all speak English, German and Italian. It was really interesting being around them. My teacher doesn't speak very much German, she's just starting to learn now, but she's also helping me learn some.

This photo is the lovely fountain in the square.
 After the beach visit, it started raining. So we sought shelter in the church. No, not really. It did start raining, but we went to the church to walk in and around it because it's really old and cool looking. There's a cave in it. And that's where this photo is taken.
During the whole church and underground walk, there were stories about great things the Saint of the church "did" during his lifetime. On a bridge there was a "footprint of the devil, from when the devil and the saint fought on that bridge". They told me these stories starting out by saying "they say" so finally I asked Maria's sister what she thought since she was phrasing it that way, and she said she thought the stories were a buncha bull. It was really interesting learning about it all though. I had a great time with them. My teacher is trying to get permission to have me come spend a few days with them because the town is so far and we didn't really have much time to visit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louisa!

    These are very beautiful pictures. I have been enjoying your blog very much but have never left a message before. I knew your mother back at MLPS, she was a year ahead of me. I became Facebook friends with her a little while back and BOOM, there she was with a good husband and 10 kids. She seems to be having fun with her life and family, which is always good to see.

    I don't know if you remember me but I am the guy who offered your mother to take you swing dancing on Facebook. I live in North Carolina where I have been an attorney the last dozen years, even though I did finish Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary. I used to think I had way too much school in my life. But who knows what the future will bring. Right now my wife and I have three little boys, ages 7, 5, and 2. Although the oldest and youngest are not little for their age because they inherited their mother's height. She is from near Leipzig in Germany. My parents live in Minnesota and hopefully I will be getting back up there again to visit.

    Hope you continue to enjoy your experiences in Italy. I will keep on watching your blog. If you want, feel free to friend me on Facebook.

    Seth Neyhart

    ReplyDelete